im new in here :)

morz

hey there~

new here and enjoying the forum!! :)

i have a 10Gal tank which is a bit tight but they seem happy in there...

-3 swordtails

-3 bristlenose plecos

-3 clown loaches

-5 black kuhli loaches (always hiding)

-4 flying foxes (always busy cleaning)

and i have a 5Gal tank with 13 beautiful swordtail fry :wink:

i loveeeeeeeeeeee all my fish :D :D

morz

Welcome :) . Have your kuhli loaches been out at all recently? With a low pressure ridge about a week ago mine went absolutely nuts for three days solid, trying to spawn (without success). I only have two, one male and one female, but they made a great sight! How big are the kuhlis? That tank does sound quite crowded.

not sure if u all check this again... but to answer some questions....

i know my tank is overpopulated... but cant afford another tank/filter/heater (my mistake for buying to many fish :cry: )...

tho i will upgrade in the future when my clown loaches have grown a bit big... they're still not too big at the moment..... my next tank will be just for the clowns :lol:

my kuhli's come out during feeding time... i doubt they're spawning.. how do u know which is male/female? at the moment they're about 6cm..

well anyway u all sound like a bunch of really nice people.. im sure i'm gonna enjoy it in here :)

Have a look on trademe. There seems to be quite a few cheap tanks in Auckland (around the $20 - $25 mark for a 60L tank), some with filters included. By buying second hand you could get everything you need for under $50 easily and make some more space for your fish :) .

http://www.trademe.co.nz

Lifestyle -> Pets & Animals -> Fish