I am new here too! just a question or 2!!

pufferfishnz

As i am new dont know much about the site. I just wanted to know how to become a member. To recieve info, discounts and all the other things that might pop up. Fish are my passion, if i can use it and share it with others that would be fantastic. Can anyone help or explain? Thanks

Hey there welcome to the site. Im from Whakatane also.

This site is very easy to get around, many many many hours can be spent on this site.

As for membership, why not join the NZKA (New Zealand Killifish Association), there are a handful of members in Whakatane who are very informative and also very helpful, and if you arnt into killifish there is a 99.9% chance you will be after going to see some of the members tanks.

Very small joining fee and well worth it.

Paul

To join the FNZAS you merely have to join an affiliated club or society. The Home Page lists all the affiliated clubs and their contact details. Easy.

As said, if you are in Whakatane and are interested in killies, the NZKA would be the way to go. Send a PM to Alan as he is the NZKA club president.

Hey there welcome to the site. Im from Whakatane also.

This site is very easy to get around, many many many hours can be spent on this site.

As for membership, why not join the NZKA (New Zealand Killifish Association), there are a handful of members in Whakatane who are very informative and also very helpful, and if you arnt into killifish there is a 99.9% chance you will be after going to see some of the members tanks.

Very small joining fee and well worth it.

Paul

sounds good. what fish do you have??

I have quite a few different fish, have only just got into breeding killies, my first lot of eggs should be ready to hatch in 2 days. Have got 2 species breeding at the moment.

I have some Neons and glowlight tetras, a few male and female guppies, a siamese fighter (a beautiful red one) a few bristlenose, a common pleco who is getting quite large, 2 pairs of dwarf gouramis, a few plattys, a largeish angel fish, a couple bronze coryhydras

Then the killifish

2 trios of striatum

2 trios p8s's

1 m 3 f australe golds

2 female australe chocs

1 trio of albino gardneri

(just getting started on the killies, will be getting more in a few weeks)

All killifish except the chocs are in their own species tanks, am in the process of building a large bookshelf to store 9 fish tanks for breeding killis. Have got 5 tanks at the moment.

What fish do you have at the moment?