I'm new too

ripping

:D

Finally posting for the first time. Been here a few weeks looking around.

Was a very poor fish keeper a good few years ago, now I have the bug again with a little more seriousness.

I have two tanks set up, the first a 54l, with too many goldfish.. about 12.. tho they are small! I kicked this off about 6 weeks ago, and learnt a few things with water chemistry and such. Also found out that goldfish and plants don't seem to mix too well !

So now I have a 900x300x380 (100 odd litres) set up with a range of fauna, and added a few fish this last weekend. 10 neons, 5 glass catfish, and a pair of Blue Cobalt Gourami's, oh, and a Chinese Sucking Loach.

I've just cleaned out my old 225l tank, which will be coming together over the next few weeks.

And heres a few photos of the flora

Welcome to the site ripping.

Looks like to me that you're a little too eager and have overloaded, what I suspect from what information that you have given, an uncycled tank.

Love those glass cats in a nice school, but they could be first in line.

Also if the chinese sucking loach is indeed the chinese algae eater, that it is a bad choice.

A better choice would have been a bristlenose catfish.

Good luck in your endeavors and I hope my Doomsday prediction isn't correct.

Hi ripping and welcome. I have the same feeling as Alan re your stocking and the loach :cry:

Did you cycle the tank before adding all those fish?

A pond would be ideal for the goldfish. Even the 225L wont be big enough for 12 of them 8)

thanks and hello to all. yes tank has been cycled for a couple of weeks with a few goldfish in there... The Chinese algae eater I know is more a temperate condition fish. I got him originally to go with the goldfish, But he seems to do well in the warmer temperature and causes no problems with its tankmates at this stage. He is in fact quite a tough little character.. having endured all my beginners mistakes!

You may well forsee my downfall, and with good reason.. but for some people its the only way we learn. :D Tho I do hope your a little wide of the mark. Having said that.. i lost a neon overnight. :cry:

I'll be building a pond over summer I'd imagine as I see I have too many of the goldies...

Thanks for the advice Caryl, I have just completed an ammonia test. with no discernable level present. I've added a few shots of 'cycle' since the tank has been running, so I'm hoping thats given the system a good head start. I've 'overfiltered' the tank too as I'm running a Fluval 205, capable of maintaining a 200litre tank (it says), so that should help keep me on the 'plus' side too.