Twisted Vallisneria dying?

batmanforever

Hi, 12 days ago I set up a new tank in the back shed which has transparent roofing above which should let in ample light. Treated the water with stress coat and stress zyme. Temperature 26c, ph 8. Added x100 2.5cm elect yellows, demasoni's and bristlenoses hence ammonia 1ppm. I bought 10 plants (in a courier bag with water) 20cm long and placed the roots into bedrock gravel. The top 10cm of leaf went "not good" and has broken off. The bottom 10cm "looks" ok.

Are these plants dying or does it take them a while to get established?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I want to have a good planted tank. Thanks

I bought 5 plants online, and they looked pretty sickly after I planted them. This was 3 weeks ago now, and I am just getting new shoots. Have 2 long shoots 15cm, but not really any others... All other plants are growing well (rotala, anubias, dwarf sag) so I hope these ones get better.

Ironically, these are the only plants I actually paid for in my new tank...

i too had that problem! and still do after 2weeks :( i also have the spiral val that grows really fast (like an inch a day) and it just breaks and falls apart mid leafish.

So a week ago i added a co2 diffuser and another day glow light and they are still dying :( and i still cant figuer out why!

I have a 4ftx1.5ftx1.5ft with 2 day glows and 1 co2 diffuser. in it i have java fern thats donig really well, cabomba doing well, baby tears, brizilian sword both donig well and both the vals are dying. so hmmmm cant figuer out what the problem is

Hi guys,

Probably there are traces of copper in the water of your tank, it is deadly to vals. Some people use copper to get rid of snails in plants. Snailrid is a copper sulfate solution. If at one stage the plants get soaked in Snailrid, all your vals will die from residual copper.

Cesar