First time here

Myah

Hi everyone. First time here although I have been stickybeaking at some of the DIY projects that have been posted and am very impressed with what I saw. I've had gold fish, but decided months ago to get into tropical fish and after much deliberation decided to get a larger tank than the one I had. My 1st tank held 200ltrs, this one was a kitset and measures 1200 x600 x600. Bit of a mission putting it together, but got there in the end. Not sure what the ltrs in it are but have got a variety of fish now.

8Neon tetras, 2platys, 1 siamese fighter male, 2albino catfish, 6beacon fish, 5angelfish, 2clown loaches, 2gourami and what I think is a sailfin molly (the person that gave it to me wasn't sure). I've been told this isn't a very good mix by a couple of friends, but they all seem to be getting on fine.

Hi and welcome Myah. Your tank holds 432litres. The angel fish will eat the neons,sailfins prefer ph 7.8 and 26degrees while neons prefer 6.8 ph and 24degrees. Clown loaches grow to 30 cm.Me thinks you will need MTS.

Hi Welcome,I am most happy to help you,1200mm(L)x600mm(W)x600mm(H) you multiply 120 by 60 by 60 gives you 432 litres of water that is if it's filled right to the top.if you want any personal help from me,just email me and I will do all I can to help you out,thank you,JoGo

These forums are here to help all. If people start just emailing individuals it will not help others who have similar questions but who won't see the answers if they are not posted here. Please keep questions and answers where all may see and benefit - and offer their 2c worth :wink: