Orandas breeding out of season

ducati

Congrats ducati, fishboi, if you are talking about me I have been unsuccessful breeding them out of season, as the weather is now warming up, I have began to recondition them and breed them in season :D

no wasnt talking about u IOU1 was just moaning about the forum in general.

ducati, i am afraid its not that simple as u would need to know the back ground of each fish eg color of their parents, their grandparents.....etc and even then u cant be 100%

assuming both are good genetic line breed u'll have most of them red and red/white and if ur lucky some redcap and pure whites. on the other end of the scale, if they were from a very bad line u will get mostly bronze fantails.

of cause they will all start out browny color, feeding of carotene and exposure to sun light will help with the process.

thanks for that. Will keep you posted as to progress from hereon in. I think these are good genetic lines but only time will tell. Its a numbers game really I guess. Rest assured your advice does not go unheeded. Thinking ahead - bbs the best food for fry?

after 2 weeks start culling the single tail and only keep the fan tail. That way you have a better chance of raising them instead of trying to keep all of them and get them stunted.

Watch out for flukes too. You'll know when the frys start dying or become inactive.

ron