My Apistos have done it

Alan

Yesterday morning I went out to my fishroom and turned on the lights, and on doing my quick visual on the tanks I noticed in my Apistogramma eunotus tank, a female that really stood out in her yellow regalia that all apisto breeders would know what I'm talking about.

She was not defending a pot and was out in the open.

I mean, way out in the open.

So putting on my glasses to have a closer look, I realized that she was hovering over a school, no, a large school of babies.

As we had shopping on the agenda, I crossed fingers and vowed that I'd do something with thes bubbas (Caryl :wink: ) when I got back in, because left as they were, I din't hold out much hope for them with all their tank-mates.

On arrival back home I got an icecream container and using an air-line tubing, started syphoning out babies.

Lotsa babies.

After having removed as many as I could from the gravel where they were well concealed, I took them up to my back shed, and there, transfered them into matchbox sized rearing tanks.

Ten per tank.

I use these so as to have the food in their face and it gets about 90% water change a day.

Total rescued, 42.

Mum still guarding 5 , which I'll leave her with so so she doesn't get stroppy if they had of all disappeared as they are inclined to do.

These are from some that I bought of Caserole months ago as juveniles.

At last, another Apisto to mark off.

That makes them hard to breed then Luke.

I think I ended up with two females from the line of ten that I got.

I never even saw her and her mate working the pot.

Although now that they have, looks like another pair is going to try their luck.

• 1 month later...