What small fish grow and breed the fastest? -Feeder fish

HaNs

Well, there's the obvious...Guppies. You might be able to get something like WCMM or Danios multiply faster because of larger spawn sizes. But, I think that would be outweighed by the significantly higher workload to breed them.

Personally, I'd probably go with pearl gourami feeders. I know I have good luck breeding those. :P

Problem with gambusia is that if you get caught with them you will be fined by MAF

Guppies in my opinion breed faster than WCMM, However in saying that, WCMM will happily breed by them selves in a bathtub outside the house.. you definitely get more in warmer weather.

Convicts could be another good source of feeders as they breed quite quickly if they are in a tank by themselves.

I still have some that are now 3cm+ (approx 50 of them)

I would recommend Convicts too. They breed far more often and in higher numbers than the other fish mentioned, the only issue is growing the fry up - you'd probably have to have another tank or a tank divided, because otherwise the parents would eat them when they go to breed next week. heh.

Hard to beat guppies for breeding.

Like the folks say, plenty of plants will improve the survival rate. Another thing I have found is to take out the full size adults. The 1/2 grown ones will breed, smaller spawnings, but the smaller adult fish dont seem to eat the fry like the BIG MOMMAS do.

One of my tanks got so out of control with guppies I had to put a kribensis in there as birth control :o

Cheers

Ian