hannibal(Pics)

bulldogod

they should hold the heat and radiate it out more evenly?as long as they don`t get too hot for your hand to touch as I read somewhere beardies can`t detect the heat via their bellies and could get burnt,thats why hot rocks are not recommended.

I haven't got mine on a thermostat, just hooked it up to a dimmer so I can adjust it. I've got two in a 4' tank divided in half (only temporary until one sells) and another in a 3'x18x18". The 3' doesn't have a heat lamp, just an 80W spotlight and a 3' UV tube. The ambient heat from the ceramic heat lamp on the 4' is usually enough to keep them all warm over night, but recently I've been running a small oil-column heater on low as the temp in the 3' was starting to dip below 20C over night.

i have mine(babies) in a 4 ft tank with a ceramic at one end over a couple of flatish rocks that warm up without getting too hot.Out in the garage which is just building paper then iron so it gets pretty cold in frosty times.Tried an extra one at the other end but it was too much,even so mine would be 30 plus under the ceramic if they want it,and they are always there after a good feed.The bigger ones get the good spots and are ready to go when the food arrives and get first pickings,back to the prime spot to digest....get bigger.Have the last 4 smaller ones on their own so they can get some catching up done.

• 2 weeks later...

hello i am actually the son of the person who mde this account and i own 2 bearded dragons and mine is a bit smaller that that if you know how to tell there sex you should be able to tell i will post some pics or put you throu a link to show you. but boys have to femoral pores at base of there tails and females have just 1 in the middle of base.

but for me to do that i would have to know ow to post a pic could someone please tell me?

thanks Kerryn