Take a look at this LARGE TANK lol

cichlid7

No wonder they think it is large. Look in the photo on either side of the tank for sale.

It is auctions like that where i want to send them a photo of our 6ft tank(660L) And say "now THAT is a big tank!!!" :lol: (and yeah i know even that is small on some peoples scale)

Peoples interpretation of size differ. For someone who has only ever owned a goldfish bowl(10ltr), is going to thank a 20l tank would be large.

Without a doult there will be people put there that would say quite frankly that a 6000ltr tank is small.

It is a pity we can't put a sticky at the top of all Trademe auctions telling people (for general sales purposes only) that anything 2ft or under is small. To be considered big it must be 4ft at least.

Anyone selling anything 10L or smaller should be made to put it under the household section and call it a vase! :evil:

Surely when they went into the pet store they must have seen bigger tanks, heck even most of the fish they bought would have come from a larger tank. It may seem large to them, but even a non fish geek would have seen enough bigger tanks to realise its not 'large'.

:-?

:lol: My brother has zero interest in fish keeping and even he laughed at that tank being called large.

My first tank was 12lt :oops: :oops: :oops: and I successfully kept three goldfish in there until one was 15cm :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: then I bought a massive 50lt :oops: :lol: :oops: . I finally did some research (instead of trusting the lfs people. The fish got sold back to the store and I'm waiting to get my 300lt (landlord would flip if I got anythign bigger).

Here's hoping the person on trademe will soon learn and quickly graduate to much larger tanks.

When I first got a 2 ft tank I thought that was a nice size. Wouldn't say huge. Looking at the 2 footers now, they only ever have fry or are used as hospital tanks.

To this person, the tank is probably big. Maybe trade me should use guide lines for tank sizes.

For a start, this person is attracting the wrong people to the add. Those who are after cute little set ups won't look at the add, those that are into big tanks will see the add & probably throw abuse or taunts.

Frenchy :D

Ask the seller a question  (You must login to ask or answer questions posted.) 

WTF! Large tank?? The bucket I use to do water changes on my SMALL tank is 20L!  posted by: hannah_21 (66 )  3:10 pm, Fri 13 Jul 

WHY SAID STUFF LIKE WTF ON PEOPLES TRADE ME, IT IS RUDE THIS IS A LARGE TANK TO ME OUR OTHER TANK IS A ROUND FISH BOWL SO YES ITS LARGE TO US, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE COMMENTS ON MY TRADE ME.... 4:17 pm, Fri 13 Jul 

I standard fish bowl is about 20L  posted by: bluetom (53 )  6:59 pm, Fri 13 Jul 

WHAT EVER, I JUST TOOK 5 FOUR LITRE BUCKETS OUT OF IT. 7:39 pm, Fri 13 Jul 

WOW,this is too large for a fish tank,I am wondering how could you ever change the water of this tankmust be too hard,you can borrow my jur beer then!cheers  posted by: javad (225 )  7:19 pm, Fri 13 Jul 

. 7:39 pm, Fri 13 Jul 

I am sorry to see people now being rude about it. As said, it is large to some people, but size is relative.

Perhaps Trademe could divide the section eg. one bit for tanks under 100L, next section for tanks between 100L and 300L then another for big tanks over 300L