jack dempsey

Benny

Personally I think wet pets is the best fish shop in the lower north island. I love that huge tank they have with that big silver arowana and the other one with the jardini in it. I am looking forward to when my siamese tiger gets to the same size as their tigers. In regards to the Jack Dempsey, I believe that central american cichlids have a habit of mating with each other, so possibly you might have a jackxconvict cross soon Midas.

In regards to the Jack Dempsey, I believe that central american cichlids have a habit of mating with each other, so possibly you might have a jackxconvict cross soon Midas.

At present everything but the convicts are too young for me to tell if they are male or female so I don't know who I will have to watch out for pairing up. All the convicts in that tank are male so I guess it depends on whether the Jack D., Jaguar or Texas are female. The two closet related ones are the Jag and the Jack D. (Guapotes) so hopefully they are both the same sex otherwise they may want to pair. Have to keep an eye on them :)

I think blood parrots originated from a severum bred with a convict and what in singapore is called a 'luo han' is a midas crossed with another cichlid. Has your midas developed its hump yet? I believe there are 2 fully grown midas at wet pets.

I actually thought that the blood red parrots came from a severum and a midas cross.

Yes, there are two fully grown Midas at Wet Pets in their big tank with the arowana and red tail catfish etc. They also have a 3ft tank full of 4 inch Midas that they are trying to get rid of for $5 each, but aren't having much like by the looks of it. Not much demand I guess. Our Midas actually came from that tank full over a year ago when they were all about 2-3 inches long. But ours has grown to be presently around 7-8 inches in that time. He is just starting to get what looks like the beginnings of a hump, quite cute really.

• 5 weeks later...

I had nine Jack Dempseys I got them from a breeder who was the father of a friend in Springfeild They all got along Fine in a tank in our bed room.

I got home from work one lunch hour and my wife told me I had better go and check out the tank because something was going on. Seven of the fish had been eaten whole, two were left and didn,t like each other. I seperated them. I kept one outside in a pond over the summer He loved to eat the white tipped spiders that use to fall of the side of the house into the pond . When the weather begain to cool down I sold him through a local dealer and he is still doing well. My one remainig fish 'Jack' is my pet.

He watches your every move when I enter my fish room and if he's hungry he will slap his tail on the side of the tank at the end that I feed him and then stalks me until I feed him. He has the most amazing personality