July 7, 200719 yr comment_171748 http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?&index= ... umfis04-20 haven't seen any guppy specific book available in NZ Report
July 7, 200719 yr comment_171749 There are many good books on guppies from books for the beginner to books on breeding fancy strains, books about genetics – there is even a 14yr study on evolutionary ecology. What sort of book are you after? Report
July 7, 200719 yr comment_171750 haven't seen any guppy specific book available in NZ I have about 5 Report
July 7, 200719 yr comment_171771 I have about 5 thats why you can't find em david, she's got em all :lol: Report
July 8, 200719 yr Author comment_171899 thought there must be a guppie bible that was the bees knees on every thing to know about everything possible to do with guppies. want one that explains genetics, line breeding, etc. a bit more than the beginners book. Report
July 11, 200719 yr comment_172319 Don't know about a bible but the closest you will get is The Proper Care off Guppies by Stan Shubel. Report
July 13, 200719 yr Author comment_172661 thanks Peter will try and locate a copy. regards Mark. ps do you know of any guppy breeders in the auckland area that could sell me a pair of good guppies? thanks Report
July 14, 200719 yr comment_172730 Been out of breeding so long I don't really know any breeders. When I was breeding I basically had to start from scratch. I got one fairly established blue strain from Kelly Rennel, the rest of the fish I bred from observing the fish at the petshops, sticking mainly to solid colours and H/B’s, and occasionally I got given some nice males from people who knew what I was into, and used them over an established strain to start a new one. You don’t need to know a lot about genetics. It is helpful to know the dominant and recessive genes of the fish you are breeding but the most important thing is to have a lot of patience, and tankspace. There seems to be a lot more people breeding now. Might be a good idea to see if you can get some starting stock off them. Report
July 14, 200719 yr Author comment_172731 Will be bidding soon on Matts blue neon tux soon on trade me. Thanks for the info, regards Mark. Report
July 17, 200719 yr comment_173190 What type of strain are you looking for? I pop up to Auckland once or twice a year to see my dad Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.