Night Lights

David R

You can buy the coloured lights at the $2 shop.

They come in ORANGE - YELLOW - GREEN - BLUE - PURPLE - RED.

Made in China.

I use a lot of these bulbs in the "WOW" Gallery and like all "Party" type lamps they only last for 500 hours if you're lucky.

The "PHILIPS" Party lights are no better.

Made in Indonesia, although some packets have European Countries printed on them.

Do they need to run on a 12V power supply? Is there any 'normal' red bulb I can buy that will fit a bayonet or screw fitting?

Heh, last time I checked most cars have a 12v electrical system.;) Cold cathodes are generally also 12v. LEDs, depending on type are around 3.2ish volts, somewhere around there. 12v power supplies are cheap though, even ones that can put out the shockingly huge 200ma power draw needed by your average cold cathode light. :lol:

I have seen heat lamp bulbs with screw fittings for sale in a pet shop for about $50. I use them on my baby turtle tank and was advised that a party bulb for $7 would do the same thing. When $2 shop had a sale for half price recently I bought all their red bulbs and they were $2 for a pair. In my case it is the heat I am after, but that is a big difference in price. They are not as good for quality but who cares at that price. They were 60 and 100 watt.