July 1, 200719 yr comment_170757 Hi guys, I had one of my fronts die on me sometime last night. They are in their own tank. I was just wondering if anybody knows what could possibly cause this? I did a water change last night just like I normally do. Been feeding them spirulina flakes, brine shrimp flakes and some white worm. Any ideas? Report
July 1, 200719 yr comment_170766 Not from that description. Any signs of anything before it died? Just keep an eye on your others for a few days for signs of anything they do out of the ordinary. Heavy breathing, scratching, change in colour etc. If it just one could just be one of those things, internal function breakdown or similar. Frenchy Report
July 1, 200719 yr Author comment_170767 The one that died was a bit darker than the others. What does a change in colour indicate? Report
July 2, 200719 yr comment_170876 thats a shame eben, those are really nice fronts to. i saw some really nice ones in HFF albany last week, only $110 each Report
July 3, 200719 yr comment_171108 The darkening of the body would of been in relation to stress. Stress can be anything from just being picked on, a disease etc. Once you notice changes in fish behaviour or colour, then look for other other symptoms. eg; sunken body, internal parastes. Frenchy Report
July 3, 200719 yr comment_171136 darkening of colour is like justin said stress, check water quality,ph,alkalinity etc,poor water quality can lead to illness too. shell Report
July 3, 200719 yr Author comment_171165 Thanks guys! I've checked all of those (all though its after a water change), everything seems to be fine with the remaining fish. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.