Hi from New Plymouth to all you Malawi fish lovers!

batmanforever

Hi everyone,

I enjoyed fish keeping a few years back and now want to set up a Malawi tank.

The tank I have is 1550Lx500Wx700H. The fish I want to keep are bright coloured ie. Peacocks - aulonocara jacobfreibergi or similar, Electric blue haps - sciaenochromis ahli or similar, Electric yellows - labidochromis caefuleus or similar. Or otherwise what do you suggest and have you any for sale? I would ultimately like to buy 30-40 of each fish approx 2-5cm long in approx 1 months time.

I would also like some advice on building a "rocky cave back ground" from a 150mm thick polystrene slab I have. I figure if I cut it so it fits into the inside back wall measurements of the tank so it wedges itself between the bottom of the tank and the top brace it will stay there. I will have to cut it vertically into "3" so I can get it into the tank. The vertical cuts will be crooked as to conform to the cave cut outs etc. I can shape the rock face using an angle grinder with a coarse sand paper disc , the caves can be dug out using a die grinder with a knurled ball bit and then by spraying solvent over this will give a smoother texture. Holdfast put out coloured pond sealers that can be painted on to give a black/grey mottled effect.

Any advice on what fish to have, who has them for sale could you answer on the private trade and exchange section as I will be listing it there and how to make my rocky cave back ground would be listed on the DIY section to be answered there. Thanks

batman :bounce:

Hi Smidey, I have read all your forum answer and replies. Impressive. You have nice collection of fish. Thanks for mentioning these [rubbing salt into the wound], then saying they are not for sale [pulling the rug out from under my feet] ouch :lol: l! let me know please if you know any one that has these for sale. Thanks

Hi Smidey, I have read all your forum answer and replies. Impressive. You have nice collection of fish. Thanks for mentioning these [rubbing salt into the wound], then saying they are not for sale [pulling the rug out from under my feet] ouch :lol: l! let me know please if you know any one that has these for sale. Thanks

i got my red zebras from eben, he has alot in the online ads section at the mo. i would sell some but not finished stocking levels yet, have been buying a few of each then will keep pairs of each as they get to adult sizes & sell the left overs. :D