Bristlenose Catfish help.

michael.qian

Hi all

3 days ago got 3 baby bristlenoses, so cute lol, anyway two days ago I bought this cave ornament for them to hide in, but problem is none of them seems to be interested in it, I've seen them swim around it a quite times but they never go in.

A lot of the time they hang around the back wall of my tank and around the heater, exploring the rest of the tank quite a lot too.

In my tank there's a good number of plants and a piece of driftwood.

Also I put in some spirulina tablets, I've seen one of them chew at it for a while but not the others, and now they are getting eaten up my by ramshorns.

Should I be worried about these two things? Or are they fine?

Cheers

I prefer to feed during the day, to encourage them to come out, otherwise you never see them.

If they're hungry they'll fly out. They also eat wood, and most people dont even feed them (they just do cleanup). So nothing to worry about. As above, they'll just be settling in, when they're older the male(s) will take hold of a cave.

I recommend algae tabs as you have got, and also slices of courgette weighted down with something (allen keys are perfect at it). Once they learn that its food, provided you dont feed too much, they'll come out whenever it goes in the tank. My GBAs take about 30 seconds to find fresh courgette and they're all over it like flies.