What's happening with everyone's tanks?

Gatito

What's happening with your tanks at the moment? What have you got running, and do you have any plans for change?

I have 3 tanks at the moment - a 240L community of gold & pearl gourami, rosy tetra, BN, clown loaches and khuli loaches (also currently holding my adolfo cories, albino cories, wild mollies a few ember and green neon tetra, and my krib pair), my guppy tank and a small tank with 1 male and 3 female bettas.

This weekend i'll be setting up 2 more, one 2ft will hold my krib pair, and probably the ember tetras & green neons, and maybe the wild mollies. The 2nd will be a bigger guppy tank and will also house the cories. Am thinking about whether the mollies would be better off with the kribs or in the comm. tank - my male guppies tend to chase them :?

Am also looking into keeping blue rams, which i love but need to learn a bit more about (and probably get another new tank :D) and thinking about getting into breeding fancy guppies - i have some swordtails (have lost sight of some of the females as they look pretty similar to most of the others :oops: ), the males of which are young but colouring up nicely.

Nothing is going on with my tank. It is a 250L tropical with various tetras, barbs and gouramis (not to mention the loaches, bristlenoses and hoplos). Heavily planted, understocked, and well filtered it has been running quite a few years now. All I do to it is the occasional water change every 3 or 4 months and prune the plants :roll:

Nice.

I have my 4 foot tank as a temporary home for my Clown Knifefish and Pleco. I'm still changing it all around and I'm thinking of changing the substrate so I can put my Geophagus in there and some eels when the Knife leaves. The knife will be leaving once he has outgrown the 4 foot and into a 6 foot.

Next to that I have my 3 foot which holds a small school of tiger and rosy barbs, Moonlight Gourami, Snakeskin Gourami, Geophagus Surinamensis, some kribensis (albino and normal) and My two Pufferfish are temporarily living in there untill One of my other tanks are free.

And another 3 foot wich holds My breeding angelfish, a chinese algae eater, a Bristlenose and a Jag cichlid is in a guppy breeder in that tank untill i find him a new home.

We also have a 3 foot with some big axolotyls, my puffers old 70L wich currently has a couple hundred tadpoles in it and then theres aarons(dixon1990)2or3 thanks too.

Ok this is going to take a while :lol: Started typing 11:38

All tanks with fish in them Have Bristle Noses in them

2 Foot tank Empty

2 1/2 foot tank #1- A pair of convicts and Heaps of fry

2 1/2 foot tank #2- temp 7 Angels, 1 25cm pleco until sold, 2 small plecos and 2 Blue Acaras and 3 bristlenoses.

2 1/2 foot tank+stand #3- 3 Blue Acaras, 5 Angels 2 bristlenoses-- For sale

3 Foot tank #1- Breeding pair of discus

3 Foot tank #2- Breeding Pair of Green Severums + Heaps of Fry

3 Foot tank #3- Divided in half part 1 Heaps of guppies part 2 loys of platties

3 Foot tank #4- Divided part 1 Albino Kribensis Part 2 Kribensis Part 3 Empty

3 Foot tank #5- 5 Red Kadango's, 8 Red Zebra's 4 Electric Yellows All less than 5cm

3 Foot tank #6- Empty

3 Foot tank #7- Empty

3 Foot tank #8- Empty

4 Foot tank #1 peaceful Community To many fish to list

4 Foot tank #2 divided soon to have fish in it

5 Foot tank planted currently pair of Angels Gold spot Pleco, 6 Big clown loaches

45cm tank #1 8 Baby Angels

45cm tank #2 10 Baby Severums

45cm tank #3 25 ish Baby Convicts

45cm tank #4 about 60 Baby Kribenses

45cm tank #5 Empty

Thats My tanks and fish

Finished Typing 12:08

Nothing much happening with my Tanks. My mum is being a real b***h at the moment about all the tanks in my room and wants me to sell my 350L tank I haven't yet setup but I don't want to. so I'm doing a big change around of tanks dispersing tanks around the house. The 4 foot will prob end up outside with Koura in... Dunno how good that will be but worth a try 8) Meanwhile my Suvatii will be moving into the hallway and my Axo's into another room. Thus she can't complain about the dampness of my bedroom when it only has 4 small tanks in it :D

I have a 3ft (200L) tank community tank.

Currently with

10 Neons,

10 Emerald Eyes,

6 Pearl Gourami,

1 Dwarf Gourami (one passed away recently :cry: ) ,

1 Male Betta,

2 Clown Loaches,

2 Red Spot Plecos.

I would like to get a few more Clown Loaches as mine seem to be a bit shy, they are getting better though. But still hide when someone comes near the tank.

Always looking for something new for the tank 8)

My sis wants a small tank to house a single Red Male Betta, so am looking around for suitable tanks for her.

Just set up a new 4 ft tank, at the moment its only got a 6" pleco and 6 tiger barbs in it. Getting another 8" pleco soon that I'm rehoming for a relative.. and I'm cogitating on what else to add :roll:

Some small chiclids, a red tail shark, maybe some loaches...

Ian

I've got hold of some more rare hillstream loaches so I'm making that tank more favorable for them, the borneo suckers and the spotted sewellias.

So I'm going to part with my kuhli loaches and I'm letting 75 small blonde guppies play with the pantadons (fav games: chasey and hide and seek :evil: ). It's ok that leaves about 50 left in the 3 ft tank, some of which are looking for homes.

I've moved my two hara hara cats into the big tank as I think they'll like the reduced flow. And I'm still trying to decide what corys I'm going to introduce. But I'll have to part with the dwarf gouramis to do that. Once they've gone I'll also add another 30 cardinals to double the size of the school 8) .

The only other change is to try and aquire a male pantadon so the resident girls can play house as well :lol: .

550ltr tank has 8 bala sharks 6 angels 10 cories 4 flying foxes 2kribs and 3gold nuggetts (all in transit), 240ltr tank of guppies (too many to count)with a couple of cories,bristle noses,otto's and 3 zebra loaches,240ltr tank with11 africans and 1 apple snail, all the rest are standing empty at present, BUT NOT FOR TOO LONG.

Ohk, 250L tank, 1 senegalus bichir, 2 hoplos, 11 corys (8 Albino, 3 Bronze) only in there temporarily until i can catch them lol, bronzes laying eggs constantly, hundreds of bay corys in a seperate container floating in tank, plus another few hundred eggs......

60L killie tank, divided in two. 3 korthausae yellow (2f , 1m) on one side and 2 female australe chocs on the other side (my male australe died ) They are constantly laying eggs but im not hatching them yet cos i dont have anywhere to put them once they are bigger etc, so im waiting until my brother moves out (next weekend!!!) and i can make my room a fish room! and take his room as my own lol. then i will setup another two footer as another divided killie tank....

Um, 50L cube tank, covered in plants, baby wild mollies and baby BN in a breeding net, 5 gold pencils, 4 harlequins, pair kribs plus heaps of BN and a clown plec (all in this tank temporarily until i take the firemouths and stuff out of the next tank....

100L tank, 3 small firemouths, 2 small Uaru, 4 big GBA, 1 large male keyhole.... all in this tank temp until they go into the 250L tank and the fish etc in the 50L go into this tank.... Corys will also go back into this tank once i take them out of the big tank.

Plus mum has a 20L tank which i own but she looks after and it has a pair of platys, a big male krib, a BN and 2 small albino corys. She also has another small tank which has 50 odd baby platys in it and 2 albino corys....

Thats that!

Well a lot has been happening my side of the woods...

Im trying something a little diffrent and i know i few people would not recomended it but its working!

Since the bf moved in we decied to re vamp the tank as smaller tank mates where going missing ( this is in the 4 foot by the way). Now some of you might remeber that i have a BGK, Butterfly and a bichir in the tank. I was tossing up on what other kind of non-edable fish to get and i relised i was very very limited.

So i started looking in the Discus.

so here is the tank as of now

IMG_0017.jpg

We changed the wood around added more plants and chose some discus. They have now been in the tank over 2 weeks and so far so good. I think its because my BGK and bichir are very lazy and dont do anything 99% of the time. Both have Feeding times and other then that they sit about doing nothing. The Red melon has even started chassing the BGK..

i dont know about anyone else but i certainly notice my heaters are on alot more often.

other than that just building stocks in my african tank, community tank largely untouched for last 6 months except the addition of another swatrz cory.

We have:

54l community tank - 1 female Dwarf Gourami, 1 female Chocolate Gourami, 6+ Sparkling Gourami (breed all the time, but the adults only last just over a year, so they are just maintaining a steady population), 3 Neons, 5 Black Phantom Tetra, 3 Corydoras Veneuzulans, 3 Hillstream Loaches. Probably a squillion snails. Well Planted.

400mm Cube tank - 2 Blue Rams, 3 Otocinclis, 5 False Neons, 6 Pygmy Corydoras. Supposed to be a South American Biotope, but there are also 3 sparkling Gourami that snuck in there with some plants. 70w MH and Co2 plus the Cat tent on top.

gary-atop-tank.jpg

30l divided tank - 4 Harlequin Rasbora one side, other side 2 Celestial Pearl Danios, 4 Danios haven't worked out exactly what they are, were sold as Burmese Danio.

31l tank - Asian Biotope with Moss wall, Java Fern, Rotala Wallichii, Cryptocoryne. This is for the Celestial Pearl Danios when the moss wall grows in.

15l Triangle tank - 3 Guppys

54l tank - African Biotope, Anubias and African Fern. Cycling with Guppys at the moment.

54l tank - just resiliconed the bottom on after it began to leak. Growout tank.

105l Tropical Marine - 1 Goldstripe Maroon Clownfish, 1 Sixline Wrasse, 1 Royal Dottyback, 1 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Fire Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Maxima Clam, 2 Astrea Snails, quite a few small limpets of some kind, Mushys, Sinularia, Zoanthids, Euphyllia and one tank invading Bubbletip anemone.

I've recently split with my partner, and moved back to Wellington again. Could only get two tanks in the van, got a pair of 200L 4ft tanks. 1 is very busy at the moment, with everything from Geo's through to my fire eel!

Everyone is doing great but it's a mess at the moment!

She has all the oscars, but I did get the Jaguar Cichlid, he's such a cool dude but unfortunately living in a 60L plastic container :oops: :oops: he has gravel, and a pot to hide in, plus a few danios (well HAD a few danios). Danios are my way of saying sorry to him lol cheers him up, he's got a 4ft tank in Hamilton I need to go pick up again.

Love the cat tank Zev :D

I just came home to find the uaru in my 3' tank has bad whitespot, and the loaches look like htey've got it a little too. None on the palmas tho, so thats lucky. Just dosed it and turned the temp up, now off to the LFS for some salt...