Introductory Babble

xarianz

Hello from chilly Dunedin. I have been lurking for quite a while but well, I'm shy :)

My partner and I started with a 50l tank a year and a half ago and then about a year ago we got a 250l tank. Would have more but, normal story, no room.

We have a very basic community tank setup in the big tank, plattys, tiger barbs, two bala sharks four and a half clown loaches (one is a dwarf) danios, harlequinsvariety of tetra,bristlenose catfish a brand new hopla catfish, and one red tailed black shark. Was typing this out and finding extra fish. It doesn't look that many, but it really sounds a lot.

The little tank has just been setup again, half a dozen kribensis in it until I can find somewhere / someone to give them to.

I think that is the highlights really, and I promise I will try to stop lurking.

Hi there xarianz and welcome. Don't be shy! Come and join us in chat one evening. There is usually a group of us in there from 9pm. Not me tonight though as I am going to see Billy Connolly!!! :lol:

Did you know Dunedin has an aquarium club? Some of their members are here too.

The red tail keeps chasing the bala sharks, actually he chases everything. Never tries to catch anything so he will be alright for a while yet (hopefully) I just keep trying to count the neon tetras to see if they are all still trere. Anyone know how to make them stay still to be counted?