interesting polypterus site

snookie

oh you got one. Arnt they so cute! We got our bichir (Polypterus delhezi) at about that size. When i saw them today i so wanted to take one home but since we got rid of the big tanks thats not a possiblility.

Haha yep, i was eyeing them up when you were there, but i went away and made a decision lol

david- there was two suppliers that had them. The one you saw for $150 is much bigger than the ones going for $35 from the other supplier. I got one of the larger ones but that supplier is now out of stock. The wholesale price of the $35 ones nearly made me fall off my chair, they are very cheap indeed.

I'll be interested to see how they get along with each other as they grow up. I had no luck keeping two together, and neither did a friend. Maybe two growing up together could be different, or maybe you need a larger group of them.

The shop had 6 in a tank with some other fish inc 2 tiny fire eels...and the tank was only 700mm or so long. They told me that they had 10 or so at the start and are getting red ones in :o

The shop had 6 in a tank with some other fish inc 2 tiny fire eels...and the tank was only 700mm or so long. They told me that they had 10 or so at the start and are getting red ones in :o

Red ones?!? Which shop? They seem to be ok in bigger groups, they probably develop some kind of pecking order, but I've found when there's two together one usually gets picked on by the other.

Red ones?!? Which shop? They seem to be ok in bigger groups, they probably develop some kind of pecking order, but I've found when there's two together one usually gets picked on by the other.

Wonder world in Rotorua. They said they are getting some really weird ones in soon. I could be heading out that way tomorrow so ill get more details