Ive run out of tap water conditioner!

sub.z

How much are you changing? what % of the tank? and if you squirt it into your containers now, hard, most of the chlorine will disappear overnight.

Temperature will be the most important consideration, IMO

Ill only change probably 20% and with what im going to replace ill stick beside the tank all day so should be close to same temp

NZ tap water is generally a lot better than some of the overseas cities. Even when it's chlorinted it's usually at a minimal level.

If you can smell / taste chlorine at the tap, sometimes you can if there is a filtering problem and they up the chlorine dose, then agitate it and let it sit for a while. It evaporates from the water fairly quick.

Otherwise it's fine for a tank, I just use Stratford water straigth from the tap and haven't had problems. I do approx match temperature, especially this time of year.

Cheers

Ian

I do all my water changes straight from the hose and I'm on Auckland tap water. I've never had a problem, even with 75%+ changes. I don't think the temperature matters too much really (well, obviously since my fish are all still alive and happy) because in the wild water would get cold pretty quickly when it rains, especially in monsoon season.

I do all my water changes straight from the hose and I'm on Auckland tap water. I've never had a problem, even with 75%+ changes.

:o (thinks back on how much she spends on product...)

Well... i do about 30-40% weekly in my heavily stocked tank. This is news. I still like having it on hand, but may just see how we go without conditioner next w/c...

I do aroound 30 - 50% water changes in my tanks and I don't use any chemicals now.

still got around 2-3 litres of the aquaplus sitting around for about the last 3 years.

good ole waikato water :roll:

Better safe than sorry. Then again if the fish is cheap enough to replace and readily available you can take the risk.

But when you have a tank of discus that is worth over $4000.00 , you'll think twice about saving a few cents on every waterchange :D .

Especially when some of the strains could not be replaced even with money.

Ron