CLown knife tankmates

Milet

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Was thinking about one or two of the following for a tank mate: Fire or Tyre Track eel, Black ghost knife, giant gourami, big clown loach or a pictus catfish. There is already a semi large pleco in there. What you think?

both fire eel and tyre track eel are cool but remember they love to hide; i have both about 20cm+ and they both dont come out, only my spiny peacock eel swims around the tank happily

same goes for black ghost knife, i have two. one is about 15cm the other about 20cm both dont come out

giant gourami!! i aways wanted one but dont have a tank for it, remember you need a HUGE tank.....was at redwood the other day and they had two different ones in stock

clown loachs are only good in a school of 6 or more...

pictus catfish, i never had one

Thanks evilelmo and coelacanth(again :P).

Evilelmo-Was your peacock eel from organism and $40? I dont think ive seen them (well that name anyway) but i googled it, and it looked like what he had as "banded eel".

Okay, so its going to be between an eel or ghost knife most probably, assuming clown knifes will be alrite with them.

clown knives and ghost knives are unrelated. They should be fine together, but have a place handy to put the ghost knife if things don't work out!! Make sure the eel isn't too small in relation to the clown, otherwise he might look upon it as a juicy worm...

Thanks evilelmo and coelacanth(again :P).

Evilelmo-Was your peacock eel from organism and $40? I dont think ive seen them (well that name anyway) but i googled it, and it looked like what he had as "banded eel".

Okay, so its going to be between an eel or ghost knife most probably, assuming clown knifes will be alrite with them.

yeah he was from organism paid about $25

http://www.fishforums.net/lofiversion/i ... 41583.html

looks like the first pic

I wouldn't put an eel in with a knife in the first place, too risky. Plecs would be fine, or chocolate-striped cats coz they're so spiny nothing can hurt them. Clowns do grow quick when they're well-fed, so tankmates either need to be able to keep up or be uneatable.