BTA id...

cleadus1

ummm short answer yes its a pest get rid of it. Long answer its up to you- its only a nano so its not going to be too bad if it takes over the whole tank (Not like if you had it in a 6 ft or something!) The jury's out on this one. Maybe wait and get some more opinions

take it back to where you brought it from, im sure there are many people around who would be glad to give you one, or maybe 10 if you ask nicely. they are a pest and are likely to spread in your tank if the tank has high nutrients and is fed more food than the fish can get to before the anemone dose.

i would be looking for a refund if i was you. :wink:

You are not the only one, I did the same thing when I was a newbie :lol: .

This has happened a few times, I think that often the seller is genuine they don't realise it's a pest either, doubt you would get the more experienced people selling them.

when i started i brought a real nice peice of live rock from a shop, it had a small population of very pritty zoa's on it, which i still have today, i thought i was getting a bargan as it was covered in small semi see through anemone's, i was going to be rich-just feed them up and watch them grow, then sell them on trademe and make enough money to support my hobbie. :roll:

reality is, they were glass anemone's and i am still to this day fighting the battle. :evil:

we all make mistakes, yours is small in the big piture. :D

o well lesson learnt, but it looks kinda nice, i might just keep it for a bit and see if it starts spreadn bad, if it does it wont be too bad because its only in a nano and should be easy (ish) to get rid of...

good immiation BTA tho!! has really good bubble tips!.