More discus help please

brishe

In my previous post i asked for some advice on our discus as i had only brought three and had problems with bullying, well.....

I brought three more that arrived today and one of them arrived looking very black in colour and didnt look that great is there anything i can do for it or is it likely to die??

Will most likely be ok. Could try some Aquaflavine (sp) that helps to clam them down. You always tend to get one that is picked on. Leave it in the tank, if you took it out the next smallest will be picked on..

Does this happen with all fish or is it just discus because I personaly had a runted Black Widow tetra and was given him for free along with buying 4 others he survived nearly 2 months eating and swimming and only getting picked on some of the time before taking a turn for the worse and dying last week :( ! Suppose he was just a lucky little fish! :)

Hayley :bounce:

Hi, thanks for all the advice, at 7pm it was gasping at the surface of the water and very jittery, when i checked it about half an hour ago it has lightened in colour a bit and is not gasping anymore its still sitting near the surface of the water but maybe by the morning it will be ok.

It is certainly the bigger of the three at about 4cm long maybe five??

But apart from that one all the fish have now settled down and the one that was being bullied has already come out of its shell and looking more confident but when it trys to eat it takes food in then spits it out, so i am not sure why that is, at the moment they still will only eat blood worms...

I have been in touch with the seller and he has been very helpful and is sure that it is just the stress of travel etc so i will let you know its progress tommorrow.