Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need some help

Featured Replies

I have a large male (15cm) Compressercep that I have had for a couple of weeks now in a large Malawi community tank. Hes not acting as he usually would. Hes sitting on the bottom and is very passive and quiet (can put the net in and scoop him up). All other fish are fine. These is no visible damage or injuries.

Any suggestions on what I can do for him?

  • Author

Hi Ryan. Was eating and behaving ok last night. Ive put him in a seperate holding tank but its starting to look grim!! He seems to be strugling to keep his balance. Ive propped him up so he stays upright and given a dose of Melafix. I don't really know what else to do.

Sorry to hear that :( I hate loosing fish! I lost a female dragons blood a similair way fine at night then the next day dead.. Got another one recently and lost that one due to stresses in shipping!

I was thinking it may have been bloat but its usually the later stages they stop swimming around and if he was eating last night no luck.. Hope everything else in your tanks alright and you can find another one if he was needed for breeding etc, I think I saw one for sale on trademe?

stink one mate for reasons unknown to me the same sorta thing happend to mine..... was fine then overnight went docile started hanggin round the bottom corner of the tank and then died the next morning....

  • Author

Thanks for the thoughts. :) Really frustrating when they go so quickly.

Haven't lost anything for ages so will be stressing over the next short while in case theres something in the tank :-? :o

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.