Can anyone help me

nikko

Not including the skimmer and stuff, just the tank itself?

Probably less than $100. Mine was $120 and is quite a bit bigger than that.

Oh, just noticed it looks like you've got a bunch of holes in the partitions. Are you going to have them glass partitions or perspex? Glass...I think the average rate per hole drilled is $10-20. 7 holes=$70-140. So could be $170-$240.

Think it would be better flowing the other way, you want the water from your overflow to hit the skimmer first, ideally gravity feeding directly into it.

Personally I would also dump the middle section or just have rock in it, using micro algae for nutriant remove doesn't work very well and can cause problems, like releasing toxins, and getting into your display.

It would work better ifthe water went thru the skimmer first.

The micro algae will be ok if you want to have a small arera for copods etc, but it will not do much for the tank as the area is to small as you will not grow enough algae.

Try Hollywood fish farm as they build custom made sumps and hav a similiar design on the reef tank.

As big as you can fit is the way to go. No such thing as a sump that is to big.

Tnx, now how do you know when your sump is too small? Sorry for the questions and don't meen to hogg this post. Just for us who have limited space it would be nice to know :D

well that depends on what you want to use the sump for. my sump is pretty much just for my skimmer and to chuck my heater in etc so that they aren't in the tank. other benefits of a larger sump is that you will have more water-and "the solution to pollution is dilution." well dilution until you can do a water change anyhow... larger water-volumes also mean stabler tank paramaters- it makes sense if you think about it! If I made my own dream tank I would have it only 1000L or something, but I would have it connected to a really massive lagoon tank which would be 4000L or something. The tank would be BB and the Lagoon would have a deep sand bed and some of those awesome conches (the ones 30cm long) to eat up all the debris! I would also have some mangrove trees at the edge of the lagoon! but thats just me!!!

Another benefit of a larger sump is that you can, as I have already said- have an isolated sand bed (extreme in the case of my 4000 L lagoon) and perhaps macro-algae, which, if you trim it regularly, can aid in Nutrient export. Miracle mud is another option to look into