PRAZIQUANTEL

DiscusDiva

HELP !!! need to treat some fishies for gill fluke in a 225 litre tank, I was some prazi that is 37.5mg/ml how much do I need to use for the treatment? how many treatments are needed? how do I know they are gone?

do I need to remove the carbon filters??

Thanks

I have a worm tablet contains 100mg Praziquantel/tab.

Dose rate is one tab per 20litres.

After 48 hours change approx 25% of the aquarium water. Dose may be repeated in 7 days to prevent re-infestation.

Warning; Do not use on loaches, tetra species or baby fish. May adversley affect some species of snails.

Remove activated carbon.

I use with the species mentioned, if they are in the tank I use a lower dose. 1125mg for 225lt, if my maths is right.

Frenchy :D

Hi

I dosed 2 weeks ago with 5ml per 100ltrs, a vacumn for worms next day with little water change then a back up dose 48hrs later. Turn of any UV filter and remove carbon. The discus have grown another stomach it seems since-feeding and looking great. The Bayer product Adtape is as I understand is the commercial name for Praziquatel here- can someone shed anymore light on that?

Adtape is a commercial drench and obtained from rural suppliers. I understand even farmers now are required to jump through hoops to get.

funny to think that delicate Discus use the same product as Llamas, we should be able to get it a lot easier than we can.