Hi guys

jerrygarry

HI guys, I have joined the forum in the middle of last month, but forget I say hi to all of you.

Seems it is better to say it now, which the cycling of my tank have finish, and have stock of fish.

I got a 91L tank, which is 24" x 12" x 18"

Settlers Are

8 Guppys

11 Neon

5 Zebra Danio

2 Panther Danio

5 Emerald Eye

2 Bristle Nose

2 Pepper Cat

2 Golden Pencil

2 Petties

1 Blue Rum

total 40 fish

And I have keep fish for many years when I was a Kid. and thought my knew a lot, but this time I start it all again which I found that I am no different to a newbies.

20s fish have died because of Nitrite. Pity me that I just knew ammonia will happened in a tank in that time. After the first cycle (level of ammonis drop) have ended I rush to my friends home to get 15 guppys (she was a breeder) but all of them died in the night, plus 5 neon have gone.

I was really sad and have over estimate myself. I am really sorry to the fish.

But now the tank is really good and fish are living happily.

And special thanks to Arron in Jensen, and other guys in Hollywood that help me a lot. Despite they recommend me to buy some more stuff :P:D haha

Welcome to the New Zealand fishy forum jerrygarry. :( re your losing your fish - tank cycling is not something we think of when beginning is it? So glad that you realised and that your fish are now ok. Sounds like you will sure fit in here fine. Welcome

Hi Jerry,

Think I welcomed you before he he.

If you have 40 "settlers" in your two foot you are still treading on thin ice if the conditions (filtration .. water changes) are not kept to a premium.

Your guppies will soon start reproducing, and possibly your "Petties" (Platies possibly) :)

Before you know it, your 40 fish could turn into 60 or a 100 in no time.

Hopefully the "recommendation" you got was to buy a larger tank :)

This is pretty basic, but might give you some thoughts.

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/grumpy ... tions.html

Good to see you back :)

Hi jerygarry and welcome. I too think you may be a bit overstocked there. I hope you have very good filtration and do plenty of water changes or I think you will lose more fish.

I haven't heard of a panther danio, must look them up. I know about leopard and zebra danios though :D

How is it going for you????? I was so frustrated when I first set up a tank for the wise wise shop keeper simply would not sell me any more fish until the tank had cycled..........................it was only a year later that I appreciated her sound advice...........even though still frustrated at watching two guppies for six weeks LOL. So how are you coping now......fingers crossed here that your losses are kept to minimum. happy water c hanging.........I find that the syphon method is easiest.

hi there and welcome jerrygarry :lol: this is a great place to come and ask questions, learn new stuff, or just share fishy stories about your successes and the not so good. We meet up most nights in the chat room at about 9 pm ....if you can manage do try to join us :D

sue

Thanks you guys for the prompt reply, The tank is really okay, Actually I have posted here before that asking do I need to buy a cannister filter extra, and some friends told me "don't buy it unless the old one had broke down".

But the temtation was so big "it is on sales that time, lucky have bought it, it cost >$200 now" ,therefore I have a Via Aqua 750 for my little tank, and plus the Aquaclear 200, and I have put a flat big stone as background

to slow down the current. Therefore it is okay.

Actually the Guppies have babies, I use an hours catch them all out to a Hatching unit, but they just pass through the (gap) and go back into the tank and disappeared. Thought it have been some nice fresh food of the Rum

Sorry there is no Panther Danio that is Leapord Danio, I just make it up :o

By the way other then Hollywood, Jensen, Fishfin and 4 Seasons, any other FS is recommended. I read from the old post that a shop call Fish & Creeps, one in Remuera off Ramp???? another in Glen Innes? where are they? I cant find them in the yellowpage.

Just wanna to visit them.......hehe

dsc01718.jpg

seems not too crowd A...............

hehe

Cause I still want a pair of (Caka) donno how to spell kind of Drawf Chiclid

but got to save up for them, I even prepare homes for them, the two little pots in the middle.

there is no place for another tank but want to get a lot kinds of fish.........

seems need to stop going to the fancy fish shop for a while