exotic reptile groups or get togethers

broms2

just wondering if there are any exotic reptile groups out there that get together and check out each others enclosures etc

I know about the herp society but there seems to be heaps of exotic keepers around but no one getting together, or maybe I just don't get invited! LOL

Anyone keen? :bounce:

Guest Anonymous

There was a get together for exotic reptile keepers in Auckland not so long ago. We no longer do this because, as it is, we dont know which reptile is going to be banned next. After the last ones got banned, then killed, then something else happened (which I wont go into) everyone went their separate ways.

It wouldnt be hard to find the reptiles, if they become banned, if there was an organised club.

I thought that might be the case, I was really shocked with how the iguanas were handled, it think it has left a sour taste in a lot of peoples mouths, as I travel a lot I managed to see a few of them before they were taken, got some good pics of the auckland zoo ones, absolutely beautiful reptiles.

I think maybe better education on the care for these reptiles would be a better way to go rather than push everything underground!

Guest Anonymous

Yeah even though the ones that most people keep arent banned...yet, it is going a little underground. I would advise people to watch who they tell about owning reptiles.

Um dont know how a secret club could work when we are chatting about it on the forum :lol:

haha :lol: but this is just a clever ruse to throw the spy (who may or may not be me) off the trail!!!

*da-da, da-da, da-da....*

Oh, even with the risks this club/not club is sounding better and better! 8) I want in :lol:

:-? club? what club? I've never heard anything about it at all...

(P.S. If you are truly one of us, meet me at the third lamp post from the clock tower at 0400 hours... Come alone. Tell no one)

8)