had a bad day

fishboi

got home from work today and found one of my 3 foot tank empty which wasnt this morning. the bottom had cracked!!

the tank housed 13 blotch fin aspiradoras, 13 dwarf cory, 3 L226, some albino BN and GBA Young.

when i found them everything looked dead :o i quickly transfer them all the the tank next to them but it was too late. i lost all my aspidoras and dwarf cory and one which i am especially sad about is my large female L226. :cry::cry: all GBA and albino BN survived :roll:

the other 2 L226 was not looking good either especially the female which was so weak that she just sank to the bottom and stayed there. i placed an air stone right next to her and thank fully she started coming right, last time i checked she was gone so i am hoping she is recovering under a piece of wood somewhere.

i am always tank extra care with my fancy plecs so never had a lost in all my years of keeping them till today.

she was a whopping 13cm+ well conditioned female. the pic below is when she was younger. RIP

DSC01139-1.jpg

thanks guys it still hurts thinking about it. :( its hard cuz i dont think there was anything i could have done to provent it.

Do you still have the pair left?

yes they're both still alive. female is still very weak and because of the weakened state she has got finrot and cotton eye on one eye but i'll be very surprised if she doesnt make it.

Dude dont feel bad if theres nothing you could have done to prevent it, its not your fault. I know its hard but its always the mistakes you know that you could have prevented that really get to you. I know coz i have lost a few plecs this way and I dont know if those species are even in the country anymore.

Take it easy mate :wink: