Fish Lists

smidey

It seems to me that alot of people here know what is on the fish lists. are these available to view by anyone or do you need to know someone to get a copy. The main reason i ask this is for someone like me who is new to africans has no idea of what has been brought into NZ let alone what is currenly available from suppliers.

Most suppliers will send a weekly list. Depending on when they quarantines are released each time, depends on list changes.

The LFS will normally tell you what is available in regards to species available. And would give you their retail price on what the fish will cost.

And he will talk to his friend in Auckland who imports fish .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, have not specifically asked for a list yet. I think i met richards mate who's the importer the other week in the store, if its the same guy I think the e yellows i bought were from his pair.

Hey carla, your not carla from the maunu rd store? :)

I can tell you what fish (mainly cichlids) are available from hollywood fish farm and what they can order in on requeste, quite a few different peacocks avaliable at the moment, names are, red, marble, baenschi, freiberg's and electric blue frieyei (spelling), but will all have to be ordered in they arent stocking any.

The problem with those names is that they dont tell you what they are still

There are quite a few different Jacobfreibergi, Baenschi and Stuartgranti

Also Electric blues arent a Peacock

You need to have a Location Variant to keep your lines pure

Brad

That's why I always get at least 6-8 peacocks from each species of peacock that come in on one consignment, and keep them as breeding colony. No good buying from different shipments and mixing even if they state same species. As Brad said different variants of Jacobs etc