Daffodil Pulchers

Afrikan

Have just noticed a huge swarm of young Daffodil Pulchers that the community mormon family seem to be taking care of :roll:

Yes fishy_t I can see you thinking "They have bred already!" :lol:

So if anyone is keen for some Dafs from very nice stock then be sure to yell, I am sure I can spare one or two, or 50 :roll: :D

Here is a link:

http://www.bigskycichlids.com/Npulcher_daffodilx.htm

I don't understand why so many people like him - I think he's REALLY REALLY un-hot!

:lol: He gives me butterflies, so does Nicholas Cage... :D I don't like plastic fantastics :lol:

Even Julian McMahon isn't perfect, he has a scar on his face, real enough for me 8) *drool*

No photos as yet fishy_t, will get some tho :D

I had my colony (the ones that Afrikan now have) perfectly happy in a 3" tank... they don't need much space by themselves, but as they breed SO much, you need to have space for/a market for the babies. (or just a different hungry cichlid that likes live food...!)

haha! He looks like an ugly skinny version of Vin Deisil! :P

Yeah they are good together :)

There used to be 3 females and 3 males, but 3 jumped out and died when I put them into their massive tank (before I managed to get cover-glasses on it) :( I didn't think they would be jumpers but lesson learned! :(

One of the best things about them I think - they are very happy in big colonies with every generation living together :)

He didn't look skinny in the movie The Transporter *drool*... :P And Vin Diesel BLEH :-? Plastic

Yeah the trio have let some much younger and smaller Dafs in to help raise them and watch them while the bigger ones take off to feed at feeding time, it is amazing to watch and they are stunning, I like Brichardi, but the Daffodils are just that much nicer 8)

I was just reading up a bit on tank set ups and ID'ing the sex etc, is it correct that the males are smaller and more colourful? and for set ups in regards to plants? :-?

Link: "This species differs from N. brichardi by living in planted areas. Thus, the tank should be heavily planted with robust plants that can tolerate harder water. The lighting should be dimmed by a cover of floating plants."

Just wondering what kind of set ups people have used and if they used plants, and their thoughts on if it affects breeding etc (Any photos or links to set ups would be much appreciated :D)