What is the scientific name for Red Pine?

Zev

Like most things these days... what you have has possibly been given a local name... but if you have some kind of so called "Aquatic Pine"... which is the Lycopodium species.. then it could be any number of plant types.. and without the latin or scientific name.. or a pic... then it is very hard to identify.

Some of the Lycopodium species are here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycopodium_clavatum

Bill.

Let's getthis straight.

I was not being a SMARTEE PANTS at all.

It is very weird SOME of the questions that come onto this site at times.

For the life of me, you don't know the age of the person you are dealing with to start with, it could have been a school pupil wanting to know a question for homework.

So being a X carpenter, I am old enough to know what we used as framing in the house we were constucting was called RED PINE I thought it would be enlighteng to tell him/her.

I even went to the trouble to google it and get an URL to follow up on my answer.

Should have just said rimu and not wasted my time apparently

GS

Rotala wallichii is almost identical to R. rotundifolia except for the much richer colour. I think this came up previously and plantman had the answer. I think your pic may be too fine in the leaf to be Rotala although it does vary a lot with conditions (particularly light) I sold some on Trademe to someone on this site a while ago (auction 95210922) After many times buying plant that perported to be that I finally got some and grew it in the same tank right next to rotundifolia (auction 95210509).

I use the auctions which have finished as a way to get a picture of the different plants grown in the same conditions.