April 10, 200719 yr comment_155819 Hi again folks. just wondering what's concidered an aceptable nitrate level my tank (set up 3 weeks ago)has a resonable number of plants (which I want to grow) and I'll be transfering My fish (panduro ,pencils and bn's)when the filters cycled theres 10 neons in there at the moment and I'm only feeding very small amounts once per day during cycling Nitrates are reading very high(to my mind) 20 ppm before todays 40-50% water change Alge's growing like mad on my driftwood and my plants especially the ambula are growing like mad. What should I be aiming for to get a good balance for plants and fish Report
April 10, 200719 yr comment_155915 unsure about plants but anything below 40ppm i consider ok for general keeping, most of my tanks sit around 20ppm (except the discus tank) but i do around 50% a week and none of my tanks are heavily stocked. i would keep your nitrates around 20 or lower for the panduro, im guessing they are like most other apistos with the fact they dont like much nitrates? Report
April 10, 200719 yr comment_155934 20ppm is good with an acceptable range 10-40ppm. I aim for 10ppm and normally have a level close to it. Report
April 11, 200719 yr Author comment_156064 thanks guys- just checked the tanks nitrates(10 ppm now) amonia(0) and ph may transfer some fish over tonight Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.