Great mix! :S

evilknieval69

I know fancy goldies prefer slightly higher temps but oscars and so on prefer around the 26-27 mark which im sure those ones wouldnt be too happy about? i wonder what temp hes keeping them at. Bet the goldfish would grow quick and die quick (whole metabolism thing).

Not something i would do personally owning both goldfish and oscars *shrugs*

I think the fish look good :) and its cool just because its different and not what people have done from day one doesn't mean it wont work..

20 years ago if you had told anyone keeping fish that noone would be using undergravel filters in 20years they wouldn't believe you..

We had our last goldfish in our 6ft tank with our oscars and silver dollars and severum a couple of years ago. Didn't want to put him in any of our other tanks at the time as he usually took a bite out of eveything else and couldn't start a new tank for him so in he went. Everyone lived quite happily together, goldfish learnt pretty quickly who to stay away from and the dopey oscar was so slow he had enough trouble catching food held in front of his face let alone chasing a fish. Goldfish eventually got sold to someone who really wanted him to add to their breeding stock!

Since i have seen that these fish can live together quite well and providing they have the space i think it is probably quite a cool and good looking tank!