nippy blighters

sharn

ok guys, so im far from a guppy expert (i know they breed lots and thats about it) and im having some issues at work with them nipping.

now at first i thought it was perhaps the males competing for females, so i removed all of them to another tank and put a few extra plants and what not in in attempt to break it up a bit. the males continue to nip each other to the point they kill each other and whaddya know the females do it too!

apart from 1 male to 3 females is there anything else i can do? female guppies dont sell as quickly as the males so if i can get away without having 3 times as many females as males it would be preferable.

any advise would be greatly appreciated cause im at a loss as to whats up with them, these guys are worse than my large cichlids!

well where i work we have 2 tanks of guppies, one is imported males and we normally have 30+ and in the other we have a mix of nz breed guppies and have on average 50+ bout tanks a 80L

so i would say get more guppies to spred the agro out

i have a 3ft tank with about 100 male gups (yes, i know, too many).

there are NO females in there as these are the ones i'm selling on. there are a few tattered fins but no deaths as of yet.

in my 4ft, there are close to 200, most being young, with no issues.