Will danios be ok?

Dixon1990

Leopard or zebra danios should be fine in that setup. They have a reputation for being a bit nippy if they're in with long-finned fish but I've never experienced that myself.

In my experience you can minimise aggression amongst all your fish by:

a) Ensuring schooling fish have a big enough school to feel comfortable - in the case of danios I would ideally keep a minimum of 8 - 10.

b) Making sure there are places they can go to get out of the sight-lines of other fish. Danios like to be up near the surface so some tallish plants would be ideal.

Personally I prefer the short-finned over the long-finned varieties.

I think they should be fine in that community. They are fun and pretty little fish. Good luck

I had 10 long slender and fast Danios.... for a while. I made the mistake however of having them in with my 15cm Geophagus.... it wasnt long before all i had was 1 left! The only reason I think he didnt get eaten was he was so fat and almost trippled in size. I guess its that rule... If it can fit in its mouth it will probably eat it!