Blue Rams - fin nippers?

Chazza404

From what ive read theyre quite well behaved community tank mates etc sometimes aggressive when breeding etc.

But i have been having some queries as to mine, through process of elimination of selling/trading other fish off (which are known to have aggression and fin nipping issues) im fairly certain im left with only one real species which might be fin nipping which is the rams (reasons below).

I was watching a certain younger individual stalking, chasing and repeatedly harassing my male Siamese fighter who was turning up fin nipped, id only really notice it after being away from the tank e.g. when sleeping or after coming home from work, i have sold the young ram on due to worry of this and am left with 3 males who have been in a community tank before and seem well behaved but my male fighter is still being loosing fin.

Maybe this fighter is a pushover cuz ive had a previous one who lived fine with the Rams no hastle; in the tank are various loaches, platys, a swordtail, a tetra and some bristlenose cats.

Any thoughts/advice?

Cheers

well the fighter died i had quarantined it since it looked like it was guna cop it floating on its side etc thnx for comments, doubt ill get another male in that tank dont wana put em through anything like that :(

heh im cutting back on feeding from my fish getting big bellys, i guess they were just territorial or something.