algae eater

ducati

Yeah plecos can live in an unheated tank inside or even in pond all year round, you just need to acclimatise them. Summer's the best time to put them in, obviously, so it gets colder slowly as the seasons change, but if you change the temperature slowly enough you can put them in any time.

Borneo suckers would be a great addition to the tank as Fishkeepa suggested, they actually prefer the lower temperatures and like a good water flow... they actually are not as long lived in a warmer tank.

Plecs, I know of a guy who keeps 2 large plecs in his outdoor pond all year round... he acclimatized them from a large Juv size, and in winter time they sit around his massive pond pump for warmth... And in summer time they just go nuts feeding on all the algae, this is a huge pond. I wouldn't myself keep them in an a pond outside in winter, but I have kept them in a tank inside with no heater, however, our house doesn't get overly cold.