Blue goldfish changing colour

becc4

I have had these 2 blue fantails for over a year, so they must be close to 2 years old. They were a fantastic colour, their finage is perfect - great looking fish.

I had to isolate one of the other fish in the tank because they were harrasing it - I thnk the ohter is female and these 2 are males.

Noticed a week or so ago they are starting to lose the metallic blue. Has started from teh underbelly and they are going more a silver. I have a chocolate in the same tank and there is no change in him.

Whats going on? I have heard of goldfish changing colour but have never had it happen. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I had read that, but both of them at the same time.... they still are lovely fsh because of their finage, but the colour is not as attractive now. THey actually look a little like the panda ones you see about

if they're from the same spawn then its normal to change color around the same time but sounds like that not what ur fish is going though.

whats ur lighting? goldfish can fade in color if the light is not strong enough or not the preferred kelvin/temp color, thats why goldfish always have better colors when keep out side.