Hi. From Christchurch

Michelle.g

Hi,

So, I'm new to this.

I currently have two tropical tanks on the go. One is a communtiy tank that I have had for a few years. I have two clown loaches, two catfish, two opaline gouramis, a large angelfish, a bristlenose plec, a swordtail, two female siamese fighters and one male siamese fighter.

I have just started breeding siamese fighting fish. I am now raising my first ever batch of fry. :D The fry are two weeks old. The father has a light blue body with red fins and the female has a yellowish body with red fins so I'm really excited about what colours the babies will be. :D

Thanks for the great welcome everyone! And it's great to hear there is a club in Chch. I will definitely put some pics of my baby fighters on here when they start to colour up. :D I'm really interested in learning more about the different colours and finnage of siamese fighters. Can anyone recommend a good source of information about genetics of these fish? :)

There are a few good betta sites. Try

http://www.ultimatebettas.com/

Wife is at work playing catch up after the powder scare at NZ Post last night. (it was her area that had the package).

Good to hear you having a go at breeding them. Our largest spawn of bettas was over 500 and we actually counted each one.

We have a bit of info here which I will get Shaz to get out tomorrow and post web links before she goes to work.

Hope this helps

Mr Loopy

hi there again

I really think you should come along to a meeting. I LOVE genetics and printed off a bunch of stuff about betta genetics a while ago. I also have a book or 2 which could be usefull. I have lots of books and bits and pieces of information which i hope will prove useful to everyone in the club at some stage.