Check this out!

evilknieval69

oh forgot to say that. im giving it to a mate. I dont want it anymore, and he did, so its his :lol: Hes collecting it tomoro so i pulled it out tonight so i can soak it in Pottasium permanganate for a little while to make sure i dont give him algae :) and because i wont have time to do all that stuff in the morning :D

That is why I don't grow them now. They will grow like that with flouros as well. They are a hybrid with cordifolius I think and grow the same way. Unless you have an open top tank all you see from the front are a bunch of stalks, but the varigation is quite distinct on the emersed growth.

That is why I don't grow them now. They will grow like that with flouros as well. They are a hybrid with cordifolius I think and grow the same way. Unless you have an open top tank all you see from the front are a bunch of stalks, but the varigation is quite distinct on the emersed growth.

I second that. Liked it for a while, but even the fish got tired of only looking at stalks :)

Nice sword evil!!

Mine was behaving normally until recently when I added Potassium to the tank, now I have about 10 flower buds (most out of the water) and about 6 or so new marble swords. Its spending all its energy reproducing so the main plant itself is 'bleh'.

It was no where near 60cm, more like 15cm.

Those plants are a bit like lotus and banana plant in that they have a submersed form and emersed form. They remind me of red eared turtles---they are cute when young. I have seen them a monstrous size with all emersed growth and spectacular marbling grown with flouros at Redwood Aquatics.

Hi All

I have seen some of the "AMAZON SWORDS" in the wild; some years ago :oops: but believe me, what is now "Cordifolius" was RADICANS back then and everybody wanted one (and at about (2pound, 10 shillings) someone made plenty)and they got one.

But the reality is that I saw them on the river banks in Florida 6 foot tall with leaves the size of a table cloth.

As Alan4304 says; beautiful when they are small.

:bow: