are these these tanks any good??

dude

hey guys i want to upgrade my 25 gallon tank to something big i want a tank that measures 1700(L)x600(W)x600(H) and was looking thru trademe and came across this person selling tanks they can make any tank you want to your dimensions but it is only garanteed for 1 year dont know why but just seems short to me, are they any good and has anybody here bought them before any help would be very helpfull as i am just new to the hobby and dont want a tank that breaks or starts leaking after 10 months or something cheers guys for nay help in advanced

lol buy my tanks they're cool and big :)

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/anyone ... 19338.html

And yeah 1700 x 600 x 600 is pretty big most people go 5' x 2' x 2'..

I think you need to find the safety calculator and also find out how thick the glass is this guy plans to make a tank for you out of..

A year isn't really a long time in the scheme of things even a poorly designed and built tank can last this long which is what the safety factor relates to.

the thing is a tank that size is expensive and u dont wanna have to fork out more money and get another one if it spring a leak at 13 months, just seems short so i thought id ask here first oh and i forgot to add the link

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 775771.htm

thats seems pretty cheap for a tank that size thats why i thought id ask u guys first cos i dont know much about tanks at the moment

hey guys i want to upgrade my 25 gallon tank to something big i want a tank that measures 1700(L)x600(W)x600(H) and was looking thru trademe and came across this person selling tanks they can make any tank you want to your dimensions but it is only garanteed for 1 year dont know why but just seems short to me, are they any good and has anybody here bought them before any help would be very helpfull as i am just new to the hobby and dont want a tank that breaks or starts leaking after 10 months or something cheers guys for nay help in advanced

1 year garantee is fine, becuase if something bad is going to happen to your tank it would happen in the 1st year (i.e silicon letting go of the glass). The tank will be fine if its made by a professional that uses the right thickness of glass etc etc

Our 8fter we got has a lifetime guarantee from a great professional tank maker, don't think you can do better than that... however, I guess the 1 year guarantee is good enough :D But be aware that seals can go on a tank anytime, not just within a year... Happened to us (not with our 8fter thankfully).

Hi Guarantee would mean that if the tank leaks or fails he will repair / replace it.

what about your other possesions that the water goes over?

One Year would be fine.

Just let your insurance company know you have a new BIG tank.

I have registered all my 13 tanks with my insurance company and no increase in premiums.

Now just where to place another tank ontop of my OLD TV :wink:

I guess what I like Alan is the fact that if it does ever let go, I can have it fixed under guarantee also, and the guy who made it has an amazing reputation with tank making, it is his full time profession.. so that was good enough for me, I had seen his work well before us purchasing our 8fter.. and I am blown away :D

so what do i do now should i find another tank maker im worried as this will the only tank in the house if i get it and if she lets go and i have 12 or 13 fish in there then where do i put them i dont want them to die (i have lost fish before and it suks) what would u guys do if u were in my position sorry for all the question but i dont wanna make a mistake with such a big tank

if this is from the person i think it is then it should be a good tank as i have one 2400 x 600 x 550 and the person has been making tanks of all sizes for a very very long time

as a person i have found him to be very good with how he approaches things... and i will end up getting most of my tanks via him

Hi,

I have bought 3 tanks from Goldfishman. Great to deal with, and tanks are good too. I got the standard 1 year guarntee on them, but as someone has mentioned earlier in the thread, if it has gone 12months trouble free all should be good.

lol thats not a bad idea if money was no odject, im studyin at AUT at the moment so i dont have much money but i do have moeny saved up lol and the plus of a bigger tank is that its more stable then the one i got now so if something goes bad it would take longer to show so im hoping that it gives me more time to react i think aynways lol

when it comes to keeping big fish (if thats what you are planning on doing) it always helps to have a spare they could go into temporarily if need be. that said its a good idea to have a spare tank for any size fish, a couple of cheap two footers will do for small fish and a second hand 300L or so could do most large fish for a few days. they dont have to be flash new tanks, just need to hold water ok.

i was very thankful that i had a 460L spare out in the garage (bought specifically incase a tank ever leaked or fighting was causing problems) when my 360L sprung a leak, i would have been in BIG trouble otherwise because an oscar isnt going to be too happy in a standard two footer :lol:

its not a must you have a spare and most people wont ever need one, its just nice to have a little backup plan *just incase* if you can

i was very thankful that i had a 460L spare out in the garage (bought specifically incase a tank ever leaked or fighting was causing problems) when my 360L sprung a leak, i would have been in BIG trouble otherwise because an oscar isnt going to be too happy in a standard two footer :lol:

And thankful that you knew a guy with big muscles to help lift it inside **whistles whilst looking at ceiling** 8)