Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

choclate talking cat fish

Featured Replies

andyman98 said...

> i am tempd to get a choclate talking catfish how big do

> they get and would one be ok or do thy need mates to

> play with?

I used to have a couple of these (if you mean Platydoras costatus)

and I've never seen one bigger than 6 or 7 inches (although some

dorad catfish get *huge*). They're very nocturnal and I suspect

are not naturally gregarious.

My flatmate used to call them the 'waste of money fish'...

I liked them though and had the for years before giving them to

Wet Pets (along with a lot of other stuff) when I went overseas in

1996.

Andrew.

Andrew.

As Andrew as said they're very nocturnal and don't seem to need company but they will live quite happily (ie without aggression) in a pair/group.

They're one of those fish that you wonder if they're still alive in the tank because you don't often see them eating but they just seem to carry on.

Listed size for them is 22cm and I have seen some in NZ that large. The females get very rotund and can hoover up large amounts of food (I watched one of my larger ones inhale about 10 sinking tablets in a couple of seconds).

  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.