Tattoo on fish?

slimNZ

The poor babies!!

Most fish stores in the UK have signed a pledge against such practices.

Im glad i havent seen/heard of them in NZ.

Most studies have shown that fish that have been tattooed or dyed are prone to infection and are short lived.

...what humans do for beauty huh?!?!?!

I thought it didn't hurt the fish. It isn't my thing but if it doesnt hurt the fish then it's totally fine by me.

From what I've read (and maybe remember) is that they use a laser much like the ones they use for removing tatoos etc, and the fish feel nothing. Don't quote me on that. :lol:

I thought it didn't hurt the fish. It isn't my thing but if it doesnt hurt the fish then it's totally fine by me.

From what I've read (and maybe remember) is that they use a laser much like the ones they use for removing tatoos etc, and the fish feel nothing. Don't quote me on that. :lol:

Same same, but I still don't agree with it. Holds about the same amount of beauty for me as tagging (graffiti) on a fence...

From what I've read (and maybe remember) is that they use a laser much like the ones they use for removing tatoos etc, and the fish feel nothing.

I thought getting tattoos removed was more painful than getting them in the first place, and if that's the case then it must be extremely painful for the fish.

I bought some dyed glass fish once because I didn't know they were dyed, but now I know I won't get them again. :(

I remember having glass fish as a kid - was the bright green "stripe" along the spine dye?

Well from the article I read it said that they use a low intensity laser to do them which doesnt hurt the fish and that they had never had a death from using the technique, which indicates to me its ok. Whether or not that's the truth is another question.

I think the laser and dyeing are two very different things, I have no qualms with things like this as long as the fish are ok, which in dyed fish it obviosuly isnt.

Who came up with this weird idea anyway?