February 13, 200719 yr comment_147642 It is a shame that FS there will go this far to make a sales. These poor fish are selling for RM$12 each which is about NZ$5.00. Ops! This is the link: http://www.guangming.com.my/content.pht ... 0702120982 Click on '放大' to have a large view. Report
February 13, 200719 yr comment_147645 Well, the answer is in your hands if they bring them in isn't it?? Report
February 13, 200719 yr Author comment_147652 Yup, this has been happening for years - discusting if you ask me! :evil: Didn't know this has been going on for so long. Guess I must be living in cave. Have fun Report
February 13, 200719 yr comment_147767 The poor babies!! Most fish stores in the UK have signed a pledge against such practices. Im glad i havent seen/heard of them in NZ. Most studies have shown that fish that have been tattooed or dyed are prone to infection and are short lived. ...what humans do for beauty huh?!?!?! Report
February 13, 200719 yr comment_147794 i think some atrocious amount like 70% die in the dying/tattooing process and many die shortly after Report
February 13, 200719 yr comment_147800 I thought it didn't hurt the fish. It isn't my thing but if it doesnt hurt the fish then it's totally fine by me. From what I've read (and maybe remember) is that they use a laser much like the ones they use for removing tatoos etc, and the fish feel nothing. Don't quote me on that. :lol: Report
February 13, 200719 yr comment_147801 i think some atrocious amount like 70% die in the dying/tattooing process and many die shortly after yeah i remember reading that as well but i am sure the percentage was higher. Report
February 13, 200719 yr comment_147802 I thought it didn't hurt the fish. It isn't my thing but if it doesnt hurt the fish then it's totally fine by me. From what I've read (and maybe remember) is that they use a laser much like the ones they use for removing tatoos etc, and the fish feel nothing. Don't quote me on that. :lol: Same same, but I still don't agree with it. Holds about the same amount of beauty for me as tagging (graffiti) on a fence... Report
February 13, 200719 yr comment_147803 Might as well geneticlaly enjineer tem for different colors. I'll dake neon red redspot please. Report
February 14, 200719 yr comment_147872 Absolutly disgusting IMO Very Cruel to do any animal http://www.deathbydyeing.org/ Brad Report
February 14, 200719 yr comment_147889 By all means this is a subject where people boycott shops that continue to sell these fish Its something that should have been outlawed years ago Brad Report
February 14, 200719 yr comment_148030 It can't be just me - cruelty aside, I actually think those patterns on the fish are pretty ugly and s%*t anyway - just tacky Report
February 15, 200719 yr comment_148052 From what I've read (and maybe remember) is that they use a laser much like the ones they use for removing tatoos etc, and the fish feel nothing. I thought getting tattoos removed was more painful than getting them in the first place, and if that's the case then it must be extremely painful for the fish. I bought some dyed glass fish once because I didn't know they were dyed, but now I know I won't get them again. Report
February 15, 200719 yr comment_148073 I remember having glass fish as a kid - was the bright green "stripe" along the spine dye? Well from the article I read it said that they use a low intensity laser to do them which doesnt hurt the fish and that they had never had a death from using the technique, which indicates to me its ok. Whether or not that's the truth is another question. I think the laser and dyeing are two very different things, I have no qualms with things like this as long as the fish are ok, which in dyed fish it obviosuly isnt. Who came up with this weird idea anyway? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.