February 10, 200719 yr comment_147026 JBL aquabasis plus (plant fertilaser) does it need to be washed (like substrate) or does it go right into the tank im putting stones and that in tomorrow morning for my new tank :bounce: 8) Report
February 10, 200719 yr comment_147032 if you have no luck here fing the pet shop in the morning Report
February 10, 200719 yr Author comment_147036 but if anyone does know please post here - thanks :D Report
February 10, 200719 yr comment_147038 Looked on the Pet Planet website and it gives directions for using this. Given that it does not say to wash it but does say that washed gravel needs to be used for over the top I would say not. I haven't used this myself but I haven't washed the aquatic mix I have used in my tanks and everything is fine. Report
February 10, 200719 yr comment_147043 Yea i haven't used that one but i didn't wash the aquatic mix in my tank either.....gud luck Report
February 10, 200719 yr comment_147079 i wouldnt wash it if it is ment to go under the gravel- youd be washing all the good stuff out if its the same as your regular aquatic mix Report
February 10, 200719 yr comment_147110 I have used it and it is not cheap but very good as a source of micronutrient. I use river sand as a media for growing plants. Seive the sand and remove and wash the course material (which will give you a fine gravel) Mix your fine unwashed sand with the micronutrient then place the washed fine gravel on top to keep it down. It should last about a year. Report
February 10, 200719 yr Author comment_147126 ok thanks every one for the help the person i brought it off must of seen this thred and he emailed me last nite saying not to wash it Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.