what are we feeding our malawis?

Gannet

ok in my tank i have abot 10-15 malawis (lost count)

i no its bad to over feed but mine alwys seem to be thin so what can i feed to combat this?

at the moment im feeding supiralina flakes, cichlids pelets, novo rift, a few pleco chips for the bottom feeder, and still they seem thin,

any help would be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like to feed out Novo Rift, Spirulina Flake, Cichlid Pellets, Aqua One Flake, and also they get Frozen Brineshrimp and Daphnia.. and frozen mix.. some more in moderation than others... I feed mine 3-5 times a day, seems alot.... but I don't swamp the tank in food, I give them enough to eat in one sitting.. And the odd Wafer the Mbuna love also...

The main food I use (especially for fry) is trout pellets, i know these have a high protein content but I find if you feed them in smaller amounts you can get good growth rates and you can also bulk up fish very easily before spawning, you also need to feed spirulina flake to get good colour, especially in yellows. :) Big malawis also get frozen peas, frozen shelled shrimps, spirulina flake, mealworms and earthworms (usually when my little brothers feel like it :) )

We feed our Fish cichlid pellets, JBL Nova rift sticks, spirulina flakes as well as a cucumber, zucchini slices.

Supplemented by brine shrimp now and then as well as Seriously green tucker, that has small crustaceans and insect larvae not sure what kind of crustaceans or insect larvae , but they are all fine and have been fed that from young.

They breed very well and seem happy! ( The Male's are that's for sure) :D

I feed mine with spiralina flake, nova rift, granu green, wafers, mysis flakes, frozen brine shrimp and frozen shrimp, earthworms (when I can con one of the family to chop them up) frozen peas, freshly blanched green beans, zucchini, cucumber. Lately they've all taken a liking to puha and spinach. I also make my own frozen mix which I scrape off and hand feed cause it can cloud the water slightly. Oh and by the way hand feeding the bigger guys isnt always pleasant especially if they are determined to get that freckle off your hand!!