Does anyone have any or know where to get...

penguinleo

some plant bunching lead? You know that highly malleable grey metal-lead thing that holds and sinks bunches of plants in fish stores. Or does anyone know where I can obtain some? I am needing quite a bit and maybe a long coil or many many small parts of it would be good. Thanks and all help will be appreciated! :D

Penguinleo

I asked the scrap metal dealer who picks up the scrap stainless/ali/MS from work if they sold it, he asked what size

Next trip got a small sheet for nothing :)

Just go to your local scrappy and they should have heaps, and I dont think its too dear to buy (couple bucks a kilo??)

Why do you need lead for plants. The people that need lead are those that sell the plant to the shops so it displays better while being sold. When you buy it you take the lead off and plant your plants. If you leave lead on it restricts the root growth and often causes the end of the plant to rot instead of growing roots. If you desperately want some I can send you a roll of new lead of about 1.25 kg for $10 incl P&P and you can cut it to the size you want, but I would advise against it. It is the same guage as they use in the shops (roof ridge flashing)