Updated Tank Pics... Afs

Afrikan

Here is our Malawi Display Tank.. 700 litres plus.. finally got it finished off, thinned out the fish I needed for other breeding set ups and have left my grow out display boys in this one...

We finished it off yesterday, yet to finish topping it up, ran out of energy :lol:

My books are getting neglected.. as this tank is at the bottom of our bed in our bedroom... So each night, I'm fixed on watching my babies before lights out :lol: And I get to wake up to them in the morning *blissful sigh*

Might need a bit of fine tuning here and there, but overall we are happy with it.

P1030866.jpg

P1030867.jpg

P1030870.jpg

Yeah Mincie, good idea, more cichlids 8)

And GZ, bugger the picture on the wall, I never bother looking at it, have better things to look at :lol: :lol: But thanks for bringing it to my attention, it would have been knocked when revamping tank :roll:

Thanks guys.. :D we decided to go terracotta as decided it was safer for the fish, rather than just straight limestone rock as structure for caves, I learnt my mistake big time when we found our big Blue Dolphin Boy crushed to death under a rock formation that had collapsed.. :cry: at least the terracotta pots are strong and you can build around them...

I am sure my hubby will come home tonight expecting that I have come up with something that needs to be changed :lol:

Yeah I normally go for the natural look fully but the pots are used for a purpose.. and the Mbuna seem alot happier... so that's all that matters to us :) They seem alot more settled and to be honest I am to, the pots are a strong structure point for caving and to be honest, I am not wanting to lose another fish due to cave in's and I don't want to have to silicon the limestone rocks due to the fact I may want to strip out at a later date if need be.