Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bronze Corydora eggs

Featured Replies

I bought 2 bronze corydoras from the pet shop in Kerikeri about 2 years ago, they were selling them as tropicals that live in coldwater. They have lived with my goldfish since then and have survived some low temperatures I would think, at the moment their tank is 20degrees C. I moved them in with my baby goldfish to help clean up left over food. I noticed one had been getting quite fat and one staying quite slim. I look this morning and saw her and him swimming together and sort of harassing each other. A few hours later I noticed her swimming around with eggs between her fins so far she has laid about 80-100 and still going.

How long will the eggs take to hatch?

What do I feed them?

I'm so excited! If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

:P:D

What fun! Corys will breed in temps 20 - 24C. Incubation is 4 days and you feed the young on newly hatched brineshrimp. You could also buy fry food for egglayers.

When the fry hatch, lower the water level to about 10cm. The fry will feed at the bottom and surface, where they will swim belly side up. Adding 1tsp salt to every 50 litres of water will help survival rates.

Weekly or fortnightly water changes of 2/3 of the water will make the fry grow faster. The fry are sensitive to some kinds of treated tapwater so it might pay to let it stand for 24 hours before adding it to the tank.

When mine had egg's, all I did was leave them to it and 5 survived (I didn't have any special foods) and I think the rest of the eggs got eaten by the neons. It is really interesting to watch her lay, and him coming up behind her spraying the eggs.

  • 2 weeks later...

Yea there great fish mine bred at a tem of 26c but i hear they can take up to 8 days to hatch if its colder.

  • Author

Yip, it had little whiskers and everything. He's about 3mm long and has some black spots. But I love him! Haven't seen him again since. Looks like she is going to have eggs again soon.

  • 4 weeks later...
you feed the young on newly hatched brineshrimp.

Word of warning if using Brine Shrimp, make sure they are well rinsed to avoid salt build up in the water, microworm is a better first food if you can find some. :wink:

  • Author

Have been away on holiday for a week. While I was away they had eggs again and my biggest baby goldfish ate them. I was watching the tank and saw another tiny little baby about 2-3mm long, he was happily searching around for food. When the same big goldfish come up and ate him! So now he has moved to a new home. But the original little baby is still swimming around, hes about a cm long maybe a little bigger.

When I feed brineshrimp I hatch them in a bowl (one of those common ones with the coloured top and bottom pieces) with an airstone. Have been getting my best hatch results ever. I siphon them out through a piece of cloth and a tea strainer. Then tip them into fresh water before feeding.

I went away about a month now out fishing (my partner is a commercial fisherman) and left his mother in charge of my fish. I don't think she did anything but now they are so scared. They hide all day under an ornament and get the biggest fright when anyone goes to the tank.

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.